Opportunity for Warsaw-based volunteers
Solidarity with Belarus Information Office seeks a volunteer to help prepare for a two-day international journalist workshop in Warsaw.
On March 26-28, 2014, we will welcome approx. 15 journalists from around Europe to take part in a workshop about Belarus in the international media. Participants will include winners and jury members from the annual journalism competition ‘Belarus in Focus 2013’.
- Work in a small, friendly international team
- Opportunity to speak English with a native speaker
- Experience in event organization and media outreach
- Volunteer contract and certificate of cooperation (umowa wolontariacka i zaświadczenie o współpracy)
Tasks may include:
- Translating short press materials (English-Polish)
- Contacting Polish media
- Meeting international journalists and showing them around Warsaw
- Logistical support during the workshop (the range of tasks will depend on the volunteer’s availability)
We are looking for:
- Confident English speaker (Belarusian/Russian would be an advantage!)
- Excellent writing skills in Polish
- Communicative and well-organized
Founded in 2011, Solidarity with Belarus Information Office (SBIO) is a Warsaw-based non-profit, non-partisan organization working closely with Belarusian and international journalists and expert community to overcome Belarus’ isolation by promoting democratic values and transformation. We believe that international solidarity is vital for supporting any democratic changes within the country.
If you are interested, please send your CV (in Polish or English) and a short letter of motivation (in English) to: Alexandra Kirby, email@example.com
Deadline: February 23, 2014