Launch of Belarus in Focus 2014: International Journalism Competition
We are pleased to launch ’Belarus in Focus 2014’ - the fourth edition of an annual competition for journalists of all nationalities who have published about Belarus in international media in 2014.
Deadline: Thursday, January 15th, 2015 (midnight)
Articles may be about any issue relating to Belarus – politics, society, economics or culture. The judging panel will be looking for in-depth articles which expand the understanding of an international audience about Belarus. Please note that while English is the main language, we are also accepting articles in: Danish, French, German, Russian, Polish, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Best articles by professional journalists (over 3 years’ experience): x3 prizes of 500 EUR
- Best articles by beginner journalists (under 3 years’ experience): x3 prizes of 300 EUR
In addition, finalists will have the chance to network with jury members, fellow journalists and experts at a two-day workshop in Warsaw in spring 2015.
- Michael Andersen, MYMEDIA Eastern Partnership media programme, director (Denmark)
- Brian Bonner, Kyiv Post, chief editor (U.S.)
- Jodie Ginsburg, Index on Censorship, executive director (U.K.)
- Tamina Kutscher, n-ost: network for reporting on Eastern Europe, editor (Germany)
- Pavel Sheremet, Belarus Partisan, chief editor (Belarus)
Apply on the competition website: http://www.competition2014.belarusinfocus.info
Belarus in Focus 2014 is held by Belarus in Focus Information Office, in partnership with Press Club Belarus and Press Club Polska, members of the International Association of Press Clubs. Information partners: Belarusian PEN Centre (Minsk), Civic Belarus (Prague), European Federation of Journalists (Brussels), MYMEDIA (Kiev), TeleKritika (Kiev), n-ost, the Network for Reporting on Eastern Europe (Berlin), Office for a Democratic Belarus (Brussels), and Ostgruppen (Stockholm).
For more information: