Belarus in Focus 2016: The deadline for submitting articles extended to January 29th, 2017!
Belarus in Focus 2016 is the 6th edition of an international competition for journalists writing about Belarus in international media. The deadline for submitting articles was extended to January 29th, 2017!
Are you interested in Belarus? Have you written articles about this country in 2016?
If the answer is “yes” then Belarus in Focus 2016 is for you. This year the competition takes place for the sixth time.
We accept articles about Belarusian politics, economy, international relations, culture, and everything related to Belarus. The articles will be evaluated by an international jury consisting of top media professionals. The detailed rules of the competition can be found here.
You can submit your articles here.
We accept articles about Belarus published between January 1st, 2016 and December 31st, 2016. The deadline for applications was extended to January, 29th, 2017.
- Simon Ostrovsky, Emmy-award winning documentary filmmaker and journalist (US)
- Michał Potocki, editor of Dziennik Gazeta Prawna (Poland)
- Tatiana Repkova, Founder of Media Managers Club (Slovakia)
- Andrei Aliaksandrau, chief editor of Belarusian Journal (Belarus)
- Attila Mong, Freelance journalist, consultant, senior editor of VisegradRevue (Hungary)
Winners will receive:
- professional journalists (over 3 years of experience): x3 certificates of 500 EUR for professional development (a journalist trip to Belarus, paid educational programs, equipment, etc.)
- beginner journalists (under 3 years of experience): x3 certificates of 300 EUR for professional development (a journalist trip to Belarus, paid educational programs, equipment, etc.)
All the winners of the competition will be invited to a three-day workshop in Minsk with members of the jury, international experts, and journalists.
Belarusian participants will also receive a chance to win 2 trips to the European Parliament in Brussels from the Office of MEP Agnieszka Kozłowska-Rajewicz.
We recommend sending your articles translated to English, which is the main language of the competition. However, jury members will also be able to read your articles in German, Hungarian, French, Slovak, Czech, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, and Belarusian and recommend the best articles for translation.
The official website of the competition: www.competition2016.belarusinfocus.info
The organizer of the competition: Belarus in Focus Information Office