‘Belarus in Focus 2013’ Award Ceremony | Friday, March 28th 2014
Solidarity with Belarus Information Office and Press Club Polska are pleased to invite you to the ’Belarus in Focus 2013’ award ceremony that will take place on Friday, March 28th 2014,12.00-13.00 at Dom Dziennikarza, ul. Foksal 3/5.
The event will be held in English and Polish. After the ceremony, you are very welcome to join the winners, jury members, and other guests for a glass of wine
‘Belarus in Focus 2013’ is the third edition of an annual competition for journalists writing about Belarus for the international media. This year, 67 articles were submitted from 55 authors from 14 countries. See an infographic here.
We look forward to seeing you!
Winners (in alphabetical order):
- Argemino Barro (Spain), Looking for Red October , La Cité, May 10, 2013, Belarus is Peace, Frontera D, Dec 31, 2013
- Indre Vainalaviciute (Lithuania), Waiting for nuclear paradise: the nuclear ghost of Chernobyl wanders the streets of Ostrovets, Balsas.lt, Aug 17, 2013
- Eva Vajtouskaya (Belarus), ’Tractor’ à la bohème in the shadow of the new order, Kultura Enter, July 1, 2013
- Evgeny Kaprov (Belarus) The Hidden Fruit of the Underground, New Eastern Europe, April 1, 2013
- Katerina Przybylska (Belarus), Belarus: No Beggars Allowed, Transitions Online, Sept 4, 2013
- Ewa Zwierzyńska (Poland), Us from the Kolkhoz, Czasopis.pl, Dec 2013
- Brigitte Geiselhart (Germany). For the media project ‘Polotsk writes for Friedrichshafen’ (see series of articles in Beginner section published in Sudkurier)
- Izabela Meyza (Poland), The hidden life of a dead roe deer, Kontynenty, Dec 1, 2013
- Annabelle Chapman (UK), Political theatre: Dying on stage, The Economist, Prospero Blog, June 5, 2013, Belarusian Warsaw – ghetto or gilded cage?. openDemocracy, Sept 12, 2013
Winners will receive monetary prizes of EUR 500 (professional) or EUR 300 (beginners). All finalists have been invited to attend a two-day workshop on 27-28 March 2014 in Warsaw.
Belarus in Focus 2013: International Journalism Competition was organized by Solidarity with Belarus Information Office and Press Club Polska, with the support of the Nordic Council of Ministers and NIRAS.
Information partners include: Civic Belarus (Prague), European Federation of Journalists (Brussels) ‘My Media’ (Kiev) "n-ost, the Network for Reporting on Eastern Europe" (Berlin), Office for a Democratic Belarus (Brussels), and Ostgruppen (Sweden).
Contact: +48 668 679 312, email@example.com (English/Polish/Russian/Belarusian)