Online press conference by the Coordination Council Board member Pavel Latushka for international journalists
An online press conference for the international journalists with a member of the Board of the Coordination Council Pavel Latushka will take place on September 15th, at 2 PM Minsk time (GMT +3).
Topic: We will discuss the results of the announced meeting of Alexander Lukashenka and Vladimir Putin on September 14th, the consequences of the political crisis which started after the presidential elections for Belarus, as well as the possible response to these events from the Coordination Council and the Belarusian civil society.
Belarusian analysts Tatsiana Chulitskaya and Valeria Kostyugova will also take part in the press conference.
The meeting will be held on Zoom. Each speaker will first briefly present his or her position on the aforementioned topics, then the journalists will be able to ask their questions.
Languages: Russian, Belarusian (simultaneous translation to English)
How to participate (please note that you will not be able to join the meeting after it starts):
- To join the online discussion, please fill out a Google Form (https://bit.ly/33uKzXi), before noon (GMT +3) on September 15th.
- In response, you will receive a link inviting you to join a Zoom meeting (if you do not have Zoom, you may install it on your PC, phone or tablet following the same link. It is free and easy).
Speakers (in alphabetical order):
- Tatsiana Chulitskaya, a Belarusian political scientist
- Valeria Kostyugova, editor of Our Opinion – the website of the Belarusian expert community and the Belarusian Yearbook; head of the analytical group at Belarus in Focus weekly
- Pavel Latushka, member of the Board of the Coordination Council, former Minister of Culture, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Organizers: Belarus in Focus Information Office and Press Club Belarus commence a series of regular online press conferences for international journalists with politicians, civil activists, experts, and media figures on the current events in Belarus.
Why are we launching a series of press conferences?
In recent months, Belarus continues to be in the headlines of the world’s media. Thank you very much for your interest in the situation in our country. We know how important it is to cover current events promptly.
We know that many editorial offices send personal requests for interviews to press services, experts, and politicians, and yet they do not receive an answer to their requests.
Therefore, Belarus in Focus Information Office and Press Club Belarus will offer a platform for communication for the international journalists with various actors from Belarus’ political field. We will discuss a variety of issues. You can also set the agenda and make requests for guests.
Please join our group on Facebook to learn more about future press conferences. Please feel free to tell your colleagues about this opportunity.