Solidarity Conference With the Belarusian People
Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya declared February 7th as the Day of International Solidarity with Belarus. It marks a six-month anniversary since the beginning of the mass protests in Belarus. Belarusian diaspora worldwide have joined the initiative following their campaign around the world to support their country’s fight for freedom.
“Belarusians Abroad” community announced Solidarity Conference With the Belarusian People will be held on YouTube-channel «Беларусы Замежжа» (Belarusians Abroad) from 18:00 till 23:30 (MSK, UTC +3) on 6th February.
We invite you to join famous politicians, statesmen and representatives of the “Belarusians Abroad”. Everyone who cares about the fate of Belarus is welcome to join.
The Conference and the International Solidarity Day will serve to support the Belarusian people in their peaceful struggle for their rights and justice.
‘The diaspora became active long before election day. We demanded independent observers to be allowed at the polling stations. We conducted exit-polls and organised solidarity actions. Every day we fight for rule of law in Belarus, for the freedom of the political prisoners and for free and fair elections. We will continue to do everything we can until the people’s demands are met. This event is yet another opportunity to demonstrate our solidarity with all the Belarusians’ – say representatives of the Belarusians Abroad.
Why you should participate in the conference
- To take part in a discussion group “How the world can help Belarus”. Politicians will talk about possible ways the international community can assist Belarusians in their fight for freedom. The world has already done a lot to support the Belarusian people. You will learn about the next steps in that direction on the February 6th.
- To listen to National Leader of Belarus Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya and Leader of the People’s Anti-Crisis Management Pavel Latushka
- To witness Launch of new People’s Embassies.
- To celebrate together with Laureates of the BAUM Human Rights Awards 2021 who will be named for the first time at the conference.
- To learn about Belarusian Solidarity Award that will be announced by The Belarusian Solidarity Centre
- To enjoy the Solidarity Concert that will be held after the conference.
Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, the National Leader
“Solidarity With Belarus Day and Solidarity Conference will mark a symbolic six-month mark of the protests held by our people. This is an excellent opportunity for Belarusians from different countries and the friends of Belarus to remind the world how important it is to support our fight for democracy and freedom every day.”
Further information about the conference in social media:
Telegram-channel of the Belarusians Abroad: https://t.me/belarusy_zarubezhja