Press conference. Assault on freedom of speech in Belarus
The regime has deprived TUT.BY, the largest news portal in Belarus, of its media status, and the Ministry of Information is assessing whether to block the access to the website. Members of Press Club Belarus team are in jail for already a month. How to resist repression? How does the journalistic community deal with pressure? What is the situation with the regional media? Spoiler alert: everything is pretty bad there too.
- Maryna Zolatava, editor-in-chief of TUT.BY
- Nadzeya Belahvostik, editor-in-chief of Media IQ which monitors media’s compliance to the standards of journalism (a project of Press Club Belarus)
- Natasha Belikova, Press Club Belarus’ representative
- Barys Haretski, Deputy Chairman of the Belarusian Association of Journalists
- Sviatlana Harda, editor-in-chief of Media-Polesye, a regional publication
The online press conference will take place on January 22nd at 1:00 PM Minsk time (11 AM CET)
To register for the event, please fill out the Google form http://bit.ly/3qAJtTL
You will receive a link to the press conference from the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox to your e-mail address approximately an hour before the press conference.
Working languages: Belarusian and Russian with simultaneous translation into English.
· Belarus in Focus Information Office
· Press Club Belarus