New Belarus. What comes next? Belarusian Expert-Analytical Club meeting
Organisers: the weekly analytical monitoring Belarus in Focus in partnership with Press Club Belarus, the Belarusian expert community “Nashe mnenie” and the Belarusian Institute for Strategic Studies (BISS).
Background: the political situation in Belarus in the aftermath of the 2020 presidential campaign is changing rapidly. The support for the political alternative in Belarus is stronger than ever in modern history. Electoral gains coupled with mass public protests across the country have never gone so far since Belarus gained her independence.
Today’s open questions include:
- What Belarusian society has recently achieved?
- What are the most likely scenarios for further developments in Belarus?
- What international community could do to support Belarusian society and to strengthen Belarus’ independence?
Guest speakers (in alphabetical order):
- Alexander Feduta, PhD in Literature, political analyst
- Andrei Kazakevich, PhD in Political Science, director of the "Political Sphere" Institute
- Valeria Kostyugova, editor at “Nashe Mnenie” and “Belarusian Yearbook”, leading analysts and head of analytical group at ‘Belarus in Focus’ weekly
- Vadim Mojeiko, PhD in Cultural Studies, BISS analyst The discussion took place on August 27th.